keskiviikko 28. marraskuuta 2007
tiistai 27. marraskuuta 2007
I've been working on my purple block but I am not very happy with the result. I wanted to learn to make petal flowers using Japanese ribbon stitch. And I wanted to add some nice complementary yellow colour. But my pale yellow ribbon was too wide; and the narrower ribbon was wrong color; and my base has a too tight a wave; and my needles are sure to be wrong ones because I broke two...
The left part is a bit better with white petal flowers though. I had to sew leaves because I do not have a good colored green ribbon... Argghhhh!!!!
Well it's good to show disasterous photos for a change lol.
keskiviikko 21. marraskuuta 2007
I have worked on my pink block for a change. Somebody stitched the flower petals with golden thread, so I had to try. I also put a hint of thin green metallic thread on the leaves and made another bullion rose border, which I like. Yet I do not have the slightest idea what to do with the 3 curves on the left upper corner...
tiistai 20. marraskuuta 2007
I'm totally addicted, please forgive me I have also had plenty of time to devote on stitching.... I've been working on different blocks. I find it very useful to leave a block resting for a while. At the moment I like best this purple block. I have used complementary pale yellow threads and also coached one brighter narrow ribbon. The rough/shiny contrast looks nice where there is thick lazy daisies and shiny thin lace - only it was very difficult to photograph. Hope you get the idea.
maanantai 19. marraskuuta 2007
lauantai 17. marraskuuta 2007
I've been looking at my blocks and finally decided to be brave enough to start with one. Of course working is difficult because I do not know what is coming in the next lessons. Well, it does not matter - this is practise!
I tried to produce one of Sharon's herringbone borders with bullion roses. I am happy I got the herringbones spaced well and the bullion roses are ok. But look at my lazy daisies Shouldn't they be among the easiest ones? I thought adding some french knots would make the border seem better - but not! I can't get french knots ok when using mouline threads. Only with perle cotton they are allright.
To me this part of the pink block seems quite busy now - but I have practised and that's the major point.
On the photo you see also a very useful 'template' which I found among my husband's tools.
sunnuntai 11. marraskuuta 2007
maanantai 5. marraskuuta 2007
I took a photo on the big green pillow in its natural settings: on my kitchen's wooden couch. Now looking at the surface there are some aereas that are too 'empty', others that are not so nice. But I think the result is OK. The cover blocks are sewn with a slightly lighter fabrics. It's going to take a while until it's ready!